On Christmas day Jordan, Lily and I traveled up to Jordan's parent's home in Sheffield Lake, Ohio. This little suburb is known to most residents there as "Paradise".
The drive takes us about 2 1/2 hours to get there and this time we were prepared to travel with Lily. As I have mentioned before, Lily does not sleep in her carseat. Sure, as a 1 or 2 month old baby she would but other than that, she does not sleep. So what did we do to keep a 14 month old toddler occupied as she sat all alone in the backseat?
Portable DVD player + Baby Einstein shows = happiness for 2 hours.
She did start to fuss for the last 30 minutes of the trip but I don't blame her! Unfortunately, our DVD player broke right as we arrived home a few days later.
We had a lovely stay there with his parents and his sister Marissa and her family. We finally got to meet baby Henry who is 4 months old and absolutely adorable. We became fast friends and giggled for hours. Well, not really hours - more like minutes but it seemed for hours! :)
We had an amazing Christmas dinner on a raclette grill. Google it! We had chicken, beef, shrimp, a million types of amazing cheese (my favorite now is gouda!!) with delicious veggies all on the grill. Plus an awesome salad with my new favorite dressing. I'll have to post the recipe to the dressing because it's life changing - as life changing as dressing can be at least! ;)
The next day we went to church and then Jordan's oldest sister, Dawn, and her family joined in the festivities. we had a traditional Christmas dinner with amazing, amazing, amazing pumpkin pie. I love pumpkin pie. I think I could eat it everday with cool whip for life. Plus, it was homemade. Homemade pumpkin pie (and most things, usually) are better homemade.
The next day the kids played, adults worked in the basement to help prepare his parents for a waterproofing team to come in the next while. It was a great day, just being with family and chatting. We miss seeing his siblings so much! On the way home later that day, we made it a goal to see our extended family this year in 2011. Family is forever and thus, the most important item on our agenda!
Sadly, we took no pictures but loved seeing the Hatch's. Lily loved seeing her Granny, Papa, cousins, aunts and uncles. She is always a little sad when the party is over and it's just us again, hehe.
Tuesday, January 4, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
okay, I guess I need to make pies more often! glad you liked it! glad to have spent more time with you 3 as well!
Post a Comment