Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Garden

Each year, Jordan and I garden.

We've been doing this since the first spring we were married at our apartment that only had a 2nd story back porch!

At our townhouse off of Weybridge, we had the most amazing soil that grew: cucumbers, tomatoes of all kinds, melon, strawberries, flowers, huge sunflowers and a beautiful tea rose bush.

Now at our house, we actually have a real yard to get into some nice gardening. This is our phase one. We still have lots of seedlings to plant (thanks to Susan, my M-I-L) but they need another week or so to beef up.


We have planted tomatoes and cucumber so far

We will also be planting - peppers, cauliflower, brocoli, carrots, butternut squash and zuchinni.

I am hoping to make baby food out of garden this year! So Earthy, I know!

3 comments:

Susan said...

it all looks so ready for plants. fertilize and weed...all will be well.

Susan said...

hey! I was just showing your entry to Robert...and I noticed Jordan is smiling with TEETH showing. Man! How long I've waited for that! so glad he's A Happy Farmer

Great Grandma Lin said...

hey I just discovered your blog from a link on Jocelyn's blog. Can't remember if I've met you online before, I was your aunt (md. to Robert's brother) years ago about 1975 when I got unhatched. You have a sweet family.