It's always wonderful to welcome a new baby into this world that has a great set of parents. Jordan and Lily accompanied me, we had to sneak her in because the hospital still has visitor restrictions for people under age 16.
Poor Carrie had almost the same exact labor and delivery that I had, bless her soul. But the wonderful reward is a sweet, brand new, fresh from Momma, little girl. You can just feel her little spirit.
Before I had Lily, when I would hold little babies I felt such love for them and I almost couldn't contain it! When I held Molly last night, I expected to fill that same surge of love that I feel for God's littlest children. But, oddly enough, I didn't feel the same way. I still felt the surge of happiness and joy but it wasn't the same as before.
I realized that the love felt for others little one's, pales in comparison to the love I feel for my own little girl. It's still the same amount but since the birth of Lily, I've experienced such an enormous amount love that can only come from my own little one's.
Here are the four of us chilling at the hosptial - the same one Lily was born at 11 weeks ago.
1 comment:
nothing compares!
Post a Comment