Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Cy's Visit

My brother Cyrus came to visit us in the beginning of August for 8 days. It was wonderful to have him stay with us and play. 

We stayed up late, talked, facetimed with Briana and worked on a crazy hard 3-D puzzle that we never got to finish. 

On one of the days he was here, we took him to Matlacha, which is a little city on the way to Pine Island. We love a local ice cream shop there, Great Licks. Here are the kids enjoying it.

Robert with his sweet cream and cookies, per usual


Lily trying out strawberry (she usually tries new flavors each time)


Cy trying out chocolate, which was so delicious!


This is the little gift shop that is attached to Great Licks, where you can sit and admire all their touristy art and island paraphernalia. 


On the Friday before Cy had to return to Ohio, we went to Sanibel Island to swim at Bowman's Beach. Cy loved it, we all did. On the way home, we all wanted to sleep except Lily. Who stayed awake for the 45 minute drive home.

Until I had her lay down in my bed while I drew a bath of water. Then she passed out, hard core.


I literally could not wake her! I let her sleep for a while until we needed to bath her and eat dinner. The beach will do it to you!!


No comments: