Saturday, December 6, 2014

Marius' Nursery

Marius moved out of our closet (this sounds bad but if you know our house, the closet is it's own room) at 5 months old. This is his little nursery :) 

Darkening curtains..but of course. Jordan will often tease me about how serious I am about keeping their rooms dark. My reply is that it's working so far, so I must be doing something right!


This is Marius' name sign as designed by Grace Hester who is a friend of Colleen. She made a sign for Lily and Robert when they were born. They are similar in design but all vary in color and font style.


The grandaddy of all gliders. Gliders/rockers are a must have for me. I use them every time I put my babies to sleep. I got this one down here in Florida on Craigslist. It's a Dutailier that can be locked into a stationary position with a reclining back. The reclining back is like icing on the cake. I've never had one that reclines back but I use it all the time with Marius.


Baby boy's crib


The nightstand that houses a burp cloth, nursing pads, chapstick, lamp and a clock. For some reason when I am rocking a baby in the middle of the night, my mind wants to know what time it is. I have found myself rocking a baby for 20 minutes, thinking it was 5 or vice versa. And that is just confusing on top of the usual sleep deprivation.


Marius is too big for his cradle now, but it stays in his room and houses his blankes and lovies.


No comments: