About once a month, Jordan and I try to have Mommy/Son, Mommy/Daughter, Daddy/Son and Daddy/Daughter dates.
In July Rob and I went on our date and I brought the camera. We love going on these dates. I get to focus all of my attention on the child I am with (versus splitting it, at least, 3 ways - if not 4 ways when Jordan is home) and they love it, as do I. Food is usually involved and that is when I ask questions about them; what is their favorite thing to do, their favorite thing about their siblings, etc. I also let them know what makes them special to me. It's a special time :)
On this particular Saturday, Rob and I headed to Lowe's and Menchies froyo.
Selfie time! Look at those sweet little chocolate eyes looking at me instead of the camera. He is so delicious.
Rob is quite simple to please. Let him play with things that are intended for a man triple the size of him (plus another 100 lbs!)
He loves his mowers
And the ride on ones too...
By this point the sun was starting to eat my skin alive (think 10x stronger than an Ohio sun) and we headed in to the air conditioning
And off we go, into Low-eez (how Robert likes to say it)
FANS!!! ALL OVER!!
2nd place to go in Lowe's? The front load washers. He could hit those buttons all day long and never get tired of it. I usually let him go for about 10 minutes until I get to antsy and mutter the word "shampoo-er"
After Lowe's we headed to Menchies. The kids love Menchies, as do I, but it's like 20 minutes away. I still have not gotten used to everything being so far away from where we live. I have come to realize I would need to be all in and live in a city or be all out (think like the Pioneer Woman) and live in the middle of nowhere.
I let Rob choose as many things as he wanted
We had a blast :)
And, of course, he had to drink whatever was left in the bottom of the cup. His father has taught him well.
Just checking to make sure all the liquid-y goodness was gone
No comments:
Post a Comment