Tuesday, November 12, 2013

The Kitchen

Just as we finished our kitchen upgrade at our Hartsdale house in Ohio, we found out we'd be moving to Florida. Just as I had it how I liked it - except the countertops. Jordan promised me a kitchen just as nice our Hartsdale home, including my double oven.

Our kitchen in our Windwood home is lovely, really it is. But it needed some umph. As in, paint color, new appliances, faucet and countertops. 

The first thing we, er Jordan tackled was the paint. A muted cornflower blue color.


Lily got in on the action and helped paint too


She really liked helping Jordan paint. Oh, and yes, I think we have enough mac n cheese and ritz crackers :)


The finished color with the old appliances


We found this double oven from Sears Outlet online and Jordan drove all the way to Tampa to pick it up for us! It is a GE double oven with convection. It's amazing and I love it. I didn't know just how much a convection oven could change my baking of breads, cookies and pizza. Delicious!


We also found a matching GE convection microwave from Sears Outlet online in St. Petersburg. Jordan picked it up on the way back from Tampa. Making nachos in this thing is a new (unhealthy) obsession. For real.


3 comments:

ruth said...

Love your new kitchen!! Also super jealous... You have a bomb hubby!!!

Kathleen said...

I love that color! Congrats on the new appliances! I used to babysit in a house that had a double oven like that... and I LOVE how quickly the top part pre-heats! It's nice to have one that is smaller for pizzas and rolls and things I am way too impatient for! I can't wait to have a nice oven someday :) Enjoy it! :)

Susan said...

isn't it interesting how new appliance and a little color changes the look and feel of the kitchen. isn't it now yours?