One thing I have learned about myself through this process of moving, living in a temporary house and then moving into a new, permanent home, is that I thrive on creating. Creating new, efficient ways to store things, sewing new projects, designing and decorating rooms and making things just the way I want them. I like home improvement and projects. At the temp house, I didn't have the chance to do any of those things and it was... depressing. I would wake up and think - what am I going to do today? There is only so much housework one could do and then it was done. We would run errands but it wasn't fulfilling.
Either way, I am now in a home and loving creating again.
I've made it a tradition to sew birthday shirts for the kids on their birthday. Here is Lily's 4 birthday shirt
We actually had a birthday shirt for Robert, which I then added a #2 on the back
For some reason, Rob refuses to wear it (?!)
I then sewed a simple, little changing pad for baby #3. I missed sewing! I often think of two people who influenced me to sew: my maternal grandmother (who could sew anything!!!) and my middle school home economics teacher who taught me how to sew. I'm thankful for both of those people who touched my life and gave me a love and knowledge of sewing.
2 comments:
truly there is nothing better than sewing...especially maternity clothes. I sewed most of mine back in the day. Maybe you should sew one while here.
reading through your blog again and just last night, as Pam and I were Christmas crafting, we commented on how we love to create and craft. And think we need to do this more often throughout the years. I think we are actually going to allow the boys to help us tomorrow night.
Post a Comment