When this picure was taken, I was 29 weeks pregnant (today is 30 weeks pregnant!).
Sweet little Lily snuggling up to me :)
I was pretty sick the first trimester with nausea, headaches and exhaustion. Then again, we were preparing to move, moved and then sold our house and bought a house. Ya know. Just super stressful events all at once. I swear, I never want to move while pregnant ever again. I've done it twice now. We didn't plan on moving when we conceived baby #3 but we got an offer from Chico's (at 6 weeks pregnant) that we couldn't refuse. To combat this nausea I used vitamin B6 and unisom at night, which helped a lot! When it got real bad, I would take a zofran... which has something unpleasant side effects of it's own.
Around 16 weeks (much earlier than my pregnancy with Rob) my SI joint started acting up again. And contractions started up on a daily basis. Just a few a day every couple of days. But now I am at a contraction an hour, everyday. It's annoying and I figure it's just what my body does....unfortunately.
I did have a scare when I failed my first glucose test. I went in for the three hour (more like four!) test and thought I was going to vomit/pass out for 1 1/2 hours after drinking a highly sugared drink on an empty stomach. I got light headed, my pulse was speeding and I kept telling myself 'Do not throw up. Do not throw up.' The nurse said if I did, I would have to start all over again.
Thank the Lord, my 2nd test came back negative. In fact, all my blood levels looked great, not just the sugar.
At this point in the game, I am managing my back pain very well. I started using a better support belt (which was amazing when we moved and unpacked like crazy people for two weeks straight). I'm mostly dealing with logistical issues with having a big belly and two young kids and a house to finish organizing. Sleeping is becoming more troublesome at night. All normal annoyances of pregnancy.
No UTI yet (Remember the 10 week one I had with Rob?!?!)! No iron or carbohydrate deficiencies. No passing out. And I am continuing to drink 70ish ounces of water a day. Which helps a lot!
No comments:
Post a Comment