Saturday, March 9, 2013

Sibling Snuggles

So I am not sure when/if this will change but for 95% of the time, my kids love each other. Like, they don't fight, they don't scream, they don't hit/bite/push each other. They play together, beside each other and kindly.


Rob is almost 18 months, and entering the phase of 'teaching' where he has to learn to come, when I say come - or to stop, be kind, be gentle, etc. 


Even with the learning phase in progress and the sometimes outbursts of miscommunication tantrums - he and Lily are still best buds. Here they are snuggling with each other on the couch. 


And while Rob is only 5 inches shorter than her and weighs 4lbs less than her, she still likes to hold him :)


I began to think, as I looked through these photos for this post - 'How did this happen? Where did they learn how to do this?'

Just yesterday, Lily kept her pull up dry during nap time for the 5th time. We have a sticker chart that says for every 5 stickers, she gets a fruit snack. She has been waiting for weeks to get this and finally, yesterday, she got the 5th sticker. I open up the fruit snacks, hand them to her and she runs over to the couch. I think 'Oh no, Robert is over there and is going to pitch a fit if he doesn't get any' But before I could tell her to enjoy her spoils, away from him, I see her extend the very first fruit snack to her little brother. And in a sweet voice says "Here you go cutie boy". What a wonderful example of kindness!


I think that they have pleasing personalities but I think the majority of their sweet interactions with each other has to deal with the environment of our home, our parenting skills and the example that Jordan and I set.


Sure, Lily gets frustrated with him and Rob doesn't always understand what is going on. I think I can count how many times Lily has been intentionally mean to Robert on one hand. 


I hope that they will always be besties that will unconditionally love each other, forever. 

1 comment:

Susan said...

it does stem from you and Jordan...and from heaven.