Sunday, March 3, 2013

17 Months



Robert loves to play with things that are not toys. As seen in the picture above, he is playing with the dishwasher. Other things he loves? Medicine bottles, my keys (Not Jordan's because mine has a keyless entry car key on it), screw driver, cell phones, Orajel tubes, Jordan's hair product, nail clippers, cameras, mini anti-bac wash, real books (Not kids ones, he loves going into the front room and pulling off and/or reading the books from the bookshelf) and the tank scrapper.


Speaking of things he loves - Koala is #1. Although he really doesn't look like a Koala. Whatever. Rob has also recently taken an interest in the cash register. There is a part where you swipe a credit card and it makes a noise. It's a very small opening in order to have the card swipe and make the noise. Rob has recently mastered this and he is in love. Another skill he has learned is to buckle the buckles on his booster seat. Once he has completed the task, he will whine as he walks towards me. Then I will hold out my hand and say 'Show me what you want'. Then he will hold my hand and walk me over to the booster and sign 'please'. It's adorable and exhausting, at times he can play this game for 20 minutes! 



Look at those sweet eyes! His most recent stats have been 23lbs 12oz and 31 inches tall. We had to take him into the doctor a couple of weeks ago for his second ear infection in two months. 


He is a climber, and loves to be 'in' things - bins, tents, boxes, his crib.


Rob has recently started talking too, he can say: Mama, Daddy, I do (when I ask - who wants a snack/to go on a trip/eat lunch/take a bath/etc), hello, bye, baby, cheese, train tracks (Of course?!) and cookie. You know, the important things in life. He still signs more, please, help, open, all done. 


Oh, another thing he loves to do. Get into the toilet paper. Did you know Lily has never gotten into the toilet paper?! I was spoiled, obviously. We have to keep all bathroom doors shut, at all times. If not, you better believe he will make a bee line for it and make a mess like he did above. And his reply to me when I walk in and catch him? This cutie boy face 'Oh, me? I wasn't supposed to do that? Oops.'


Rob loves his milk, but he won't snuggle with me and drink it, anymore. Unless it's right before bed, then he will :) He usually takes his sippy, finishes it in his own time. Most likely while sitting on the couch or he goes into the playroom and pops a squat.


You remember when I mentioned Rob loves to be 'in' things? Well this is more proof. I walk into the playroom while making dinner and ask Lily "Where is Robert?!" And she points to the princess bag. It takes me 3 seconds to realize Rob is underneath the bag sitting motionless. What!? He would sit there and then wiggle his feet and squeal as loud as he could. He loves to squeal which can quickly turn into screeching. Add Lily into the mix and it's a full on deafening concert of shrills and squeals!


Blocks! Robert loves to play with blocks. We have two sets - one is a princess set and the other is a regular set in primary colors. And guess which one he asks for? Yep, the princess one. He can stack them, build them and pull them apart. Sometimes he will play blocks for 30 minutes all by his lonesome.


One of his many silly faces. It looks as though he is about to sing, which he is doing now too. And it makes my heart melt every time! I remember Lily's first songs were the ABC's and the Wheels on the Bus. Rob's two songs are Twinkle Twinkle Little Star and a little rhyme that goes like this:

Tick Tock
Tick Tock
I'm a little cuckoo clock
Tick Tock
Tick Tock
Now I'm striking one o'clock (Whatever time you want)
Cuckoo! (Number of cuckoos matches the time)

He will sit in my lap and I will sway him side to side for the tick tock part and then raise him up in the air for the cuckoo's. It's adorable to hear him sing it!

One more thing I have to put down, is that he is a hand holder. I love it when my little ones will take my hand and walk with me. It's like one of the best things ever! And most recently, we will look back at the two of them in their car seats and see them reaching over, both holding hands as we drive along. 

Melts. My. Heart. Every time!



2 comments:

Susan said...

I'm still all warm all over after being with him for all of nearly 24 hours. thanks so much for this wonderful gift

Melissa said...

He is too cute...what a cute family!