Around the beginning of September we took a trip to visit my grandparents at the nursing home in Zanesville. Briana came with (who was a huge help!!) along with the kiddos.
I didn't know that would be the last time I would see my Grandma alive. She passed away, a couple weeks later in the evening of September 22nd.
Lily loves going to visit Grandpa and Grandma - which I how I refer to them when talking to her. It's interesting we create the distinctions through names to label relationships. For instance, to my children my mom is Neenee Kathy or in Lily-language Neenee Kafee. Jordan's parents are Granny and Papa with the last syllable being stressed - I can't find how to insert an accent on the last a...
We had a great visit with Grandpa, despite Rob being super fussy the entire time. Lily loves to walk around and look at picture, play with a piggy bank, snuggle on Grandpa's bed and, of couse, get a mini Milky Way bar each time she goes. Plus usually another bar for later that day.
My sweet baby boy and I, playing out in the front yard while Daddy and Lily work on it
Nom nom nom.. kisses. Rob has delicious cheeks, inherited from me. Jordan used to call my cheeks Care Bear cheeks because of their fullness :)
Auntie Bree loving on a diaper clad Rob. We've been so blessed to live near Bree for a few months now and we are getting spoiled. We are going to be so sad when she moves.. which will eventually be sometime in the near future.
1 comment:
I'm sorry to hear about your grandmother. She was a great lady! I'm sorry I haven't said anything sooner.
Post a Comment