Monday, June 4, 2012

Gone Camping

If you know me, you know I don't like camping. It's just not on the list of things that I enjoy doing. I strongly disliked going to our church's summer youth camp. I went one year and then went back for a half of week the second time then decided I was done with camping. While I did find some enjoyment from the social aspect I hated the rain, the mud, the (dirty) showers, the bug bites.. you get the idea. And for some reason, mosquitoes love to bite me and my body loves to scratch the bites. I think after my first year at camp I had over 50 mosquito bites.

Jordan, on the other hand, likes to camp. I don't know if I would say loves to camp but he does enjoy the whole concept of making your own food, sleeping outdoors, tying knots and othe manly outdoorsy things.

Recently, Jordan has been setting up our tent in the backyard and playing in it with the kids. One morning, they set the tent up and decided to make eggs and bacon in the yard too!


Lily loves the big tent as you can see here, she is running to get in on the action!


How happy do they look?  And can you see Jordan's hair in this picture? It's growing longer and curlier. I call them his lovely, luscious locks. I think I should dedicate a post all to his hair.



My sweet baby boys


Have I mentioned that Lily is in love with Robert? It's true. She loves to hug, kiss, giggle, snuggle, tickle and love on him all day long. Recently, they have been having giggle fests while on car rides and it's the cutest thing ever! Much more pleasant than crying :)


Typical scene: Lily almost suffocating Rob with her love.. hehe


Later that morning, Aunt Angela came to play with us



Kisses from Angela.. while eating his thumb




So adorable... I think he started giving her kisses right after this picture. He has been really into giving kisses recently and we all love them. Even if they are full of drool :)



Later that afternoon, Jordan had the idea to campout with Lily that night. Here are the two of them in the tent reading bed time stories. Lily has her princess sleeping bag (on top of an air mattress) and Daddy has his blanket (on top of a futon mattress) - roughing it, huh? :) Around 9:30pm it was lights out and Jordan would peek to find Lily just silently moving her hands in the air, trying to play with the light that hung from the tent. Or, Lily trying to unzip the side door to look at the neighbor's porch lights. Around 12:30am, Jordan brought a passed out Lily into her own bed and snuggled up next to me. It was a success and maybe next time they will stay outside the whole night!

1 comment:

Susan said...

wonderful post. but you know me...i see no reason whatsoever to camp. I think cooking out and pretending is just fine Pam and Ken often cook their breakfasts out on the grill and they think it's marvelous. That's sufficient for me, too. Bites? Do not even get me started on that horror scene