Oh yeah!!! The title of this post gets three exclamation points! Holla!
Briana's return from her religious mission in Bulgaria was quite the adventure. She was supposed to arrive home on Tuesday evening at 9:50pm. Around 8:00pm I receive a call from my Mom was says that her flight from New Jersey to Columbus was cancelled due to weather problems. My Mom and I spent hours on the computer and phone trying to get ahold of Briana and secure somewhere (if possible) for Briana to sleep since she had been traveling for 25 hours at that point.
After 1 1/2 hours of calling hotels, church mission headquarters, the airport, American Airlines.. I gave my Mom the information for the local church and had her call them. The Bishop was there meeting with the women's group leader, it was 9:30pm at night! It was a miracle that they were both still there. The Relief Society president (over the women's group) went immediately to the airport, picked up Briana, took her back to her house which was 5 minutes away, gave her a (safe) place to sleep and then took her to the airport the next morning around 5:00am.
Pheeeew! It was sad to have waited so long to see her and then have to wait until the next morning. But I got up bright and early and made my way, solo, to the Columbus airport. Jordan took the whole week off of work and stayed home with the sleeping kiddos.
Once at the airport, I met up with Cyrus and Angela who were there with my dad and his wife. My Mom and Jaye were stuck in rush hour traffic!
Look at my cutie little sister Angela! She made the poster with me the night before.
Here is Cyrus trying to catch a moth?? Who knows. We were so hyped up. And by we, I mean really just me. Cyrus was pretty hyper and somehow Angela kept her cool the whole time.
Cyrus and I joked that we were both feeling the side affects of meth amphetamines. In reality, it was sheer excitement - no coffee, caffiene or anything. Natural, which may be kind of scary to think what I could be like with high doses of caffiene...
Here is the poster I made for Briana
I seriously think I am the shortest person in my family. Oh well. 5'4" suits me just fine.
BRIANA IS HERE!!! I love their faces.. Bree's eyes are super wide and like half excited and half frightened.
There we go - happy, jet lagged, tired, Sister Kinkead!
Cyrus got the first picture with her!
After the airport, we went to IHOP and I had some mad delicious cinna-stack pancakes. Then Cyrus, Angela, Briana and my Mom came back to my house to hang out for the rest of the day. We had a great time just chilling, talking, looking at pictures and hearing about the mission. Lily got to meet baa-nuh (Briana) all over again.
So glad she is home, safe and is (temporarily) living close to us!
1 comment:
how wonderful seeing Briana look just like she left. I'm sure there are changes inside but I for one am grateful she's stateside and safe. Welcome home Briana
Post a Comment