The day before Briana was to arrive back into the states, Angela came and stayed and played with us. Angela and I youtubed how to dutch braid all kinds of silly and fun ways. We then enlisted Lily to help us practice.
As a little girl, I was always jealous of all my friends who would have their hair french braided - or just braided in general. My mom didn't know how to french braid so I never learned either. Until now. I was determined to learn how to do it to someone else and also how to french braid my own hair. I practiced and practiced and finally began to get the hang of it. So proud that I learned how to do it - all from teenage girls who post tutorials on youtube ;)
Here are the three of us practicing braiding eachother's hair
Here is Lily's dutch braid, a dutch braid is the inverse to a french braid. It creates a popped braid.
Angela and I practiced braiding from each side of the head and meeting together in the back.
We took a break to feed bebe Roberto, how adorable is he in his octupus outfit?? I'll answer for you. Super delicious.
Angela wetted her hair, and then I made 4 chunky dutch braids in the hopes to give Angela a krimp look once her hair dried.
2 comments:
I always French braided Cara's hair and she tells me THAT is why she has this permanent part in her hair. I don't think that is true but to be careful, always part differently. I love french braids. good for you.
Cute! I could mostly only ever do the dutch on myself, because I couldn't think the other way to make it a true french braid. I loved it when my mom would french braid my hair, but that didn't last since it got chopped off really short right before kindergarten! :(
Post a Comment