Saturday, May 26, 2012

Jordan's Work Trip

Recently Jordan took a work trip to Toronto, Canada to look at a few new international store designs. Jordan works for the capital finance team at the center for Limited Brands. His main role is to project cost for new store builds for the brands: Bath & Body Works, Victoria's Secret, La Senza (the Canadian lingerie line).  Since he works directly with the store set ups, it was rewarding for him to go on a not really necessary trip to Toronto.

We sure did miss him... the kids and I did really well and we all stayed busy until his return. But, it's so lonely to fall asleep all alone! The first night Jordan was gone, Rob was up from 2-5am, which had never happened in his short little baby life. Don't get me wrong, he used to wake up at night, frequently. But we could get him back down, for good, in about 30 minutes. Not 3 hours... phew! I was tired the next day but we made it.

Here are the WE-LC-OME HO-ME DA-DDDY posters that we made for Daddy when he opened the garage to pull in on Saturday :)


Jordan has a few co-workers that were born and raised in China and have lived in the states for awhile now. He enjoys learning about their religion, their customs, their culture and their language. A few of the ladies call him parrot in Chinese because he likes to learn their language and can mimic well :)

He also enjoys their food! In Toronto, there was a Chinatown. After the day of traveling through the malls and centers, they would travel down to Chinatown and enjoy some autentic food. Jordan said often times he was the only white guy in the place!



Victoria's Secret store - beauty department


This isn't a super cool looking picture, but I think it's interesting to see the back rooms for the stores. This would be a Bath & Body Work's stock room. Aisles and rows of product. All organized, heavy and smelling absolutely delicious! 




Yet another Chinatown meal. He was in Canada from Wednesday through Friday and I think they went out each night. I was jealous for sure. I was at home eating mac n cheese for dinner!


A view of the Toronto streets

1 comment:

Susan said...

good for Jordan to attempt to learn a language and enjoy the food. typical that the wife gets to stay home while the hubby eats out. Now that I am older, I eat out more than Robert does but I always bring him home a take=out order. He appreciates that.