...we've got 'em and you don't want 'em.
Although this stomach virus is not nearly as severe as last February's virus (where I literally thought I could be dying), it's still yucky.
Sunday evening I noticed my stomach was off. All day Monday Lily said her belly hurt and was very sensitive. Tuesday morning, just past midnight, Lily starts crying. And then the vomit began. Stripping the sheets, bathing her, changing her clothes, running the washing machine at 1am. Blankie and Hippo were temporary casualities of the drip. That's what Lily called it; drip. When baby Rob spits up, Lily calls it drip so she figured that is what she was doing too. Which it is, but in a much more.. smellier, volumous fashion?
She threw up again, and then we moved her into our room to sleep in her bed right next to our bed. Once again, new sheets, new pillow, new blankie and enter the drip bowl.
And then one more time. Poor little babe, it broke my heart to see her dry heave. I wanted to switch places with her. She had nothing left to give but her body needed to make sure it was all gone.
Earlier that day, Rob turned into a rolling machine. But he only prefers to roll from back to belly. But after being on his belly for so long, he gets tired of holding his head up and wants to go back to his belly but can't quite figure out how to do it efficiently.
So that night each time he would wake and re-settle, he would end up on his belly. And cry.
Between the throwing up, cleaning up and belly-rolling Rob, I think Jordan and I clocked a total of 4 hours of sleep? And we had even gone to bed at 10pm the night before (which is pretty early for us!).
Jordan stayed home on Tuesday to help with Lily and just in case either of us got sick, too. Thankfully, neither of us have thrown up.... yet. Even with one sick, very sad and needy toddler, we were able to accomplish a lot: I grocery shopped at Aldi ($150 worth of pantry items/food storage), shopped the sales at Meijer (spent $98 and saved $75 thank you to coupons and sales!), Jordan got an oil change in his car, took my car in to get it's ball bearings fixed, cleaned the outside and inside of my car, I ran a couple of miles outside in the sun, Jordan had dinner with Candler and then the day was done.
Phew!
Now, we are still living on the couch and nursing Lily back to health. Today is better than yesterday, which was better than the day before that. But... she is still sad and says 'My beh-wee horts Mama!'. Just a few more days!
Thursday, March 8, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment