Monday, March 12, 2012

Memory Lane

My sister-in-law posted a picture of herself from high school on her blog today. I love seeing old pictures! So nostalgic and it lets you peek into the past to find out a little more about someone.

When we thought my Grandma Anna was about to pass, she gave me her hard drive from her computer filled with approx. 5,000 scanned photos from long ago ancestors to current day school pictures of us, her grandchildren. What an amazing collection it is! And for your enjoyment here are a few shots from days gone past.

My older brother, Jaye and I circa 1987. I really see Rob's face mirroring my little chubb face in this shot!


Ahhh... yeah! Double (or triple??) layer bangs, thanks Mom for making me look high fashion for my kindergarten picture - 1991


Yes, that is a look. Thanks to my Grandpa and Grandma Anna for this dress up outfit, even if it's a bit scandalous! And yes, that is a slit up the middle of the dress - 1989


Aww... little Hillary at 9 months - 1986


This is the last time I had bangs, 3rd grade. I think that's when I began freely thinking for myself and protested to my Mom that I no longer wanted bangs. Ever. And the growing out began, along with this sweet, oversized, huge navy blue bow. Be jealous - 1994


3 comments:

Jocelyn Christensen said...

Oh Hillary! Those pictures are the best! Thanks for the giggles today! :) I think Rob looks like you in that photo too!

Kathleen said...

So cute!!

Susan said...

Oh my, Hillary! What adorable pix. I hope you copied all those pictures if you had to return the harddrive. You were so lovely then and now.