Tuesday, May 17, 2011

Mother's Day

Hello, blog and blog readers - sorry I've been away. Remember that nasty sinus infection I told you I had a couple of weeks ago? Well, it came back. Again. I could not believe it never really went away! 10 days later I am feeling much better even though I still have a nasty cough (that Jordan says is deafening) and an amazing amount of snot in my head. Who knew my sinuses could produce so much mucus. I do now. Hopefully another 5 days or so and then I'll have a clear head again!

Last Sunday was Mother's Day and I was feeling the brunt of my 2nd round fight with my sinuses. Jordan let me sleep in while he took care of Lily in the morning. They put together this hammock we received from a couple who moved away and needed to give all kinds of fun stuff away. Lily and Jordan had a lovely time playing in the hammock. So relaxing!




It was a lovely, warm sunny Sunday on Mother's Day - the perfect day to celebrate Mom's and swing in a hammock




Another Mother's Day treat from Jordan - a nap. It started out as a snuggle with Lily and then the two of them snuck out and I kept sleeping for another hour and a half!




Earlier in the week, Jordan surprised me with a deep freezer!!! Yes, three exclaimation points! I went out to help some people unpack from a recent move and when I came back Jordan was just chilling on the couch. He asks me if we have any ice cream when we both well know that we have none (ice cream is a rarity at our house, unless it's summer and on sale). About 30 minutes later I go to put some meet in my freezer and when I open the freezer door I see this:



My freezer was empty and clean! My first thought was 'Where is all my food?!?!' I pack a lot of food in my freezer - cheese, vegetables, frozen meals, pancakes, waffles, meats of all kinds and fruit. I look to cool-as-a-cucumber Jordan who is grinning from ear to ear!



When I was gone, he had my neighbor's come over and had Kris watch Lily while her husband, Carl, took Jordan in is truck to Appliance Smart to pick up the deep freezer, bring it back here and then put it in the unfinished portion of our basement! He then emptied out the freezer, cleaned it out, spotless and put the food in the deep freezer.


It was a complete surprise!


I don't have a picture of the deep freezer yet, but it's a medium sized one by GE that I l-o-v-e love. I just made dinner for tonight and made three additional meals from the same recipe and froze them all! Mwahaha... take that daily mundane dinner making task!

1 comment:

Susan said...

lovely....so where does the ol' faithful one go?