Since I recovering from mastitis and I think Lily is teething, we've been homebound the last few days. It's beautiful weather so we go outside but no trips into the world, yet.
I am watching TLC's A Baby Story and the lady having her second child desired to have a natural birth (What does 'natural' birth mean anyway?). She labored for 24 hours and whined/screamed/yelled/cried the whole time.
Remember that one thing called an epidural??
Yes, it's called modern medicine aka pain relief.
I was almost shouting at the TV when the husband said she 'couldn't give up'. Giving up = getting an epidural?
My question to all mothers who believe epidurals are of Satan, do they get novacaine at the dentist before a filling/root canal/crown? I don't know why one would go through the pain when there is a safe, effective way to block pain. Just like the dentist does before a filling - a dentist always assumes the patient wants a numbing shot. It's never really an ordeal... you never hear 'Oh, I would like to have my filling done naturally without pain meds'
Oh geez. One little shot = pain free labor. I endorse epidural's 100%
Wednesday, April 7, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Ask Jordan about the Sat session....where the comment was made..GET THE REMEDY. Do what you can. Then ask for a blessing.
Silly women
AMEN!
I hear ya! My thoughts - you never know what's going to happen - pushing for 3+ hours with no epi... that's just torture.
I felt enough with the epidural that I wouldn't do it without!
I concur - I love modern medicine.
Well, I am one of those crazy ladies that prefer no epidural. I have had about every kind of birth possible (1. emergent c-section, 2. epidural vaginal birth, 3. natural homebirth) and my natural birth was my easiest of all three. I think whatever someone wants to choose for their birth is a deeply personal and spiritual choice and should be prayed about and pondered and then after that, to each their own. If anyone wants me to elaborate on why my natural birth was my best, I would be happy too, but mainly I just commented because I think all choices should be respected.
Post a Comment