Monday, April 26, 2010

Deals & Endorphins

If you know me, you know I love getting deals.

Jordan and I have purchased many things over the years at amazing prices; clothes, furniture, cars and even our house!

So it's no surprise that I hit the local garage sales from the end of April through the end of September. This past weekend, as I mentioned earlier, I went to a huge community garage sale. While it did rain and half of the homes weren't open, I found some steals! My friends Ashely, Molly and Colleen accompanied me to the sale and we had a great time chatting, walking (which so counts as that day's exercise!) and helping each other search out items.

After the sale, Colleen came back to my house where our oh-so-sweet husbands were watching the babes. The boys went out for what they call 'The best ribs, pulled pork in Columbus'. When they got back, Colleen and I hit up Goodwill.

And we cashed in.

There were so many Target items, cute clothes and baby stuff! Target gives a lot of items to Goodwill (here in Columbus) once they discontinue and try to clearance out items.

I got:
*Maggy London adorable dress
*Gap skirt
*4 cans of 25.7oz organic formula (unopened, expires 2013 - $5.99 each!!!)
*Desitin (unopened, too - don't think I am gross and buy used Desitin at Goodwill for my baby's bum)
*3 boxes of infant Tylenol
*Calamine lotion
*Target brand Mederma - since it looks like a dinosaur took a bite out of my left side thigh. In reality, it was just my pregnancy leaving it's stretch mark calling card.
*An A&F sweater for my little sister
*Decorative wall clings for Lily's room
=$53.25

On the way home, Colleen and I were chatting about our deals and I mentioned I think I have a rush of endorphins explode out of my brain when I snag awesome items and super low prices. We decided that she gets the same rush from solving formula's in Excel. How cool is it to be so different but yet good friends?

As for Sunday, it was chaos. Lily had a rough morning and Jordan is suffering from what I think is allergies. So I had to book it to church solo, have a YM/YW presidency meeting, give a lesson and meet with a young girl after church. While all the time, I was talking to parents about camp coming up and the fundraiser in May.

Phew, I usually never say this, but I am glad that Sunday is over.

And as if this post couldn't get any longer, I have already swept and mopped the floors, vacuumed the family room and unloaded the dishwasher. Booya!

Lily's 6 month doctor's appointment tomorrow.

2 comments:

Millie said...

I would of loved to see pictures of these great finds...I LOVE garage sales too. Everything in my home is used and I got them in sales and in the street. I restore them, upholster them and they look like new. if you can pop into my blog to see the shelf I got for 8.oo dollars. I posted it on my blog a couple of says a ago. You can also see photos of my apt. just a couple of posts down from the shelf

http://2good4nana.spaces.live.com

Colleen Eve said...

Love the post Hillary ;) I just can't help that I love solving formulas ...hehe you're awesome girl