We had a great Easter weekend.
Full of church, egg hunts, great food, sidewalk chalk, bike rides, swinging and lots of snuggling with Lily. My family came from Zanesville on Saturday and stayed onto Sunday. I don't think Lily was sat down once - she LOVED all her aunts and uncles, holding her, smiling at her, kissing on her and playing with her. I think she was sad this morning when no one, other than me, was here to play with her - not even Daddy!
Jordan was the master of ceremonies this year, leading up an Easter egg hunt - he is SO good at hiding the eggs! I think there must be a few left outside somewhere that no one found.. He also oversaw an Easter sidewalk chalk competition, in which Cyrus won. He took Angela, Cyrus and a neighborhood girl down to fly kites, play ball and ride bikes. They loved it!
Unfortunately for me, I was stuck at home with mastitis - a breast infection. Did you just cringe when you read that, because I did! On Friday morning I woke up at 5am in some major pain on my left side and pumped, took ibuprofun and went back to bed. All day Friday I started to feel really tired and my left side continued to ache and started to swell. So I finally called my obgyn at 4:30 that afternoon who told me to go to urgent care asap because they were closed for the day/weekend.
I went to urgent care where I learned I had mastitis, which can be serious if not caught early. I got in and out in 30 minutes with scripts for two antibiotics. I think I am starting to feel better today, finally but it was a bummer to be ill during all the Easter festivities. No one wants a tired, sick hostess!
Lily had a few firsts this past weekend:
*stayed up 6 hours straight... (not a good first because she was fussy!)
*put her toes in her mouth
*swung in her Lil Tikes swing that Daddy put on a tree in our backyard
*rode in her bike trailer behind Daddy while going around the block
And now, I think she may be teething. Not sure. We'll see!
Monday, April 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment