Thursday, April 22, 2010

Outside

The weather has been a little on the cooler side, but still oh-so-lovely. It seems that each evening, after dinner, we all go outside to play. We go on walks with the stroller, with Lily in her backpack carrier, go on a bike ride with Lily in the bike trailer or just sit and watch Jordan work in the yard. We are loving spring!

Here is Jordan with Lily from our walk this past Sunday afternoon. I think she really enjoys have a different vantage point and gets to snuggle with Daddy!


This past Saturday I met up with a girl I used to work with from BBW/VS. Michelle showed me how to make homemade baby food. It seemed like a daunting, complicated task but it turned out to be so easy!

You would need the following:
Large pyrex pans
Ice cube trays
Blender, food processor or hand food processor
Fruits and veggies

That's it! If there is anyone that would like to know how, just let me know and we can get a group of us together and I can demonstrate. I made apples, bananas, pears, sweet potatoes, squash and carrots. Yum!

This upcoming Saturday, we are planning on going to a HUGE garage sale at Brookside Woods. We go each and every year. I think I blogged about it last year. There are concession stands, porta-potties, maps and traffic conducters with about 100 some homes and hundreds of people!

Hopefully I will find some sweet deals and share them with you all!

1 comment:

Susan said...

the most important piece of info I learned as a young mom was to ALWAYS make sure to lift up a kid to the level of whatever you are looking at, stoop down to talk with a child. So naturally, Miss Lily will love being in that backpack. She sees things from the level of a big kid. So much more interesting.