Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Home Improvement

Jordan has been working in the yard quite a bit these last few weeks. I, usually, am the cheerleader on the sides with a baby or the baby monitor. Contrary to popular belief, I like doing some yard work and home improvement. After all, I worked my behind off last summer, all summer when I was 6-8 months pregnant.

This week since I am feeling normal again, and the mastitis completely gone, I wanted to get my hands dirty outside and work on a few projects while Lily napped.

This morning, I worked on re-painting the mailbox post.

Took off the numbers and then scrapped the old paint off


Voila! New paint!





My other project that I worked on yesterday, was to take out a 'rock garden' in our front landscaping. The previous owner wanted minimal lawn care and so put a bunch of stones in the front. I thought it was sad, I like plants over stones.

The finished project - stones removed, mulch and plants replaced
Some type of flowers that I pulled up from our backyard (where our garden is going) and planted here. I know, they look sad and may not make it :(



A lily planted here now, thanks to our parents from Lily's birth


End result: a baby wagon full on stones. I am s-o-r-e today.
Anyone want some stones...?


1 comment:

Susan said...

if that's a peace lily, I would be surprised if she endures the sun/heat/outside. But you've probably investigated. I've only thought of them as house plants. But how lovely everything looks.

and you might be surprised at how the other plants perk up with some moisture and time to resettle.