Tuesday, July 30, 2013

We're Here

The past 6 weeks have been an absolute whirlwind. 

Let me try to go in chronological order...

*Colleen's dad - George, who we consider family - had a brain aneurysm while at work on Monday morning in Lima, Ohio
*Tuesday afternoon we (Jordan) received an offer from Chico's FAS for a role in their Soma (lingerie, lounge wear line) finance department working with store sales forecasting and payroll
*George undergoes brain surgery the same day
*We counter offer with Chico's on Wednesday
*Chico's accepts new counter offer on Thursday afternoon
*We wait until the following week to tell our friends
*We meet with realtors, relocation company, moving company and fill out mad amounts of paperwork
*We clean, purge, organize, sell, give away tons and tons of stuff
*We work on re-organizing rooms to prepare for the sale
*George gets moved to a smaller rehabilitation hospital, back in the Columbus area
*Jordan and I travel to Fort Myers, FL from Friday morning until Monday evening
*We throw an open house to say goodbye to our friends
*We say goodbyes to so many people over dinner and visits 
*We finish staging, put the house on the market
*We flew out on July 19th at 9:45am from the Columbus airport thank to the Roessner's and Eve's

And now we're here!  

It's been about 12 days and we are finally starting to settle into our temporary house and the area. I'll post more details and photos later (once I finish posting the rest of our Ohio posts) but  I will say that this experience has been so emotional  for all 4 of us. Well, I guess all 5 of us since there is one in my belly. I'm sure that baby can feel what I have been feeling too! 

I am trying to adjust, the kids are trying to adjust and Jordan is trying to adjust to new everything. And it's kind of like we're staying in a hotel until we can buy a home here and all of our stuff will be there. It's a gorgeous home but it's like 0% childproof and the kids attempt to break everything.

Sleep has been sporadic. Most nights someone is up a few times at midnight. Then sometimes again at 5:00am, sometimes they go back to sleep but most times, not. I don't blame them, it's not their rooms/blankets/crib/etc. But Mommy and Daddy are tired. 

We miss all of our dear friends, family and neighbors. We miss our Hartsdale home and all of the comfort that it brought us the last 4 years. We miss being 'home' and feeling comfortable. We miss familiarity. 

Change and adjustment are hard and at times can be overwhelming, depressing and sad. But we're facing those feelings, letting them work themselves out and then keep looking forward. I'm averaging a 'melt down' every three days for the last few weeks. Melt down meaning, it's a down day where I am tired and cry my sadness out. 

It will get better, I'm not looking for pity. Instead, I want to make sure I write down our true feelings as we go through this process. I'm sure I am not the only one who is ever felt this. :)

4 comments:

Great Grandma Lin said...

it will get better and it's normal-it's called grieving!

Jan said...

Moving is hard. It's ok to cry. I know I did.

Lori said...

Congrats on being pregnant! I had no idea!

Susan said...

But you all are so brave! And you take with them wonderful spouses, amazing children who are resilient, a perfect homelife, and strong testimonies. Your house in OH-IO will sell because you made it a HOME and then you will find a bigger and better one for your growing family. And one day you will move away again and the process will start again...but the next time you will know what will be coming and better able to face/deal. We love you...and you can always come back.