Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Zoo Trip


It's Columbus Zoo trip time! You know, the more I go to the Zoo, the more I am wondering... do my kids even really like doing this? Usually it's hot, busy with all kinds of people doing various things (kids screaming, kids crying, kids whining, etc) and its a lot of just riding, waiting and 'searching' for the animals.


Don't get me wrong, our Zoo is awesome. It's beautiful and lovely and it's amazing where they have come from in the 1970's. And yes, I pay about $40 in taxes each year to it! Plus a memebership!


It's worth it though when the kids do get to see an animal and especially when an animal is doing something other than just.... sleeping. Sitting. 


I also find myself amused at the concept that the kids usually enjoy the birds munching on leftover food, chipmunks scurrying about and other random animals that are at the zoo but not the 'zoo' - much more than the actual exotic animals on exhibit.


We did get to see a baby gorilla (monkey, ape, chimpanzee - I have no clue) snuggling with it's Mama. And it was super cute!!


As we walk out, we usually pass those parents who have pushed the envelope a bit too much. We've all been there, right? We just want to get through one more exhibit or one more animal. And then, we will make the 20 minute trek back to our car, with happy kids who are so excited to leave this magical wonderland. Right???

Wrong. We passed 3 year olds, 6 year olds and even a 9 year old pitching inaudiable fits. The likely culprit? Exhaustion, dehydration and hunger. 

We did make it in the knick of time. Swung by for some Pizza Hut (you know you miss/want/love it!!) for a pizza and we called it a night.

No comments: