We are about 75% of the way through our kitchen renovation. So close!! Here are a few pictures of our progress.
Basement prepped, cabinet doors unpackaged and sanded
Beginning to stain the 35 doors and drawers. I stained, Jordan rubbed and wiped off the stain.
Making our way through the doors!
Next: putting on hardware - precise and tedious work
The first few doors go on! What a sharp contrast from the existing cabinets.
Then: the pantry doors...
....gone!!
Then, I made a curtain to bring in brown which matches the hardware and fixture color. I also used the same fabric to make a cover for my Kitchenaid mixer. I didn't snap a picture yet - but Jordan put in a recessed light where that pendant is.
And, we bought a (new to us) table from Craigslist for $150 - it comes with 6 chairs and a leaf that folds out to seat 8 with room for food on the table. And, the rug is (new to us) too from Craigslist for $60 - the other rug didn't got and had Easter egg dye all over it from my sister. Ooops.. it didn't go with the new color scheme anyway...
More cabinet doors installed - the precision and time it takes to put these doors on is mind-boggling. Everything must line up, close perfectly and match the heights of the surrounding cabinets. Jordan is perfect for the job!
More pictures to come... Jordan just finished installing puck lighting underneath the cabs last night and we've got a few more doors to put on plus baseboards, update the appliance garage, counter tops, faucet, sink bowl and tacking up some wood on the sides of the cabs. Oh, and a back splash....
2 comments:
Umm... I LOVE it! Are those the same cabinets?? Way to go, it is going to look fantastic!
absolutely lovely....but what about pix of Jordan fainting over the cut finger...just for laughs.
Post a Comment