Tuesday, April 9, 2013

New Recipes

Disclaimer: what you are about to see is real and may make your mouth water and your mind begin to be clouded with thoughts of sugar. Go ahead, start softening that stick of butter... 


These are chocolate cupcakes with cookie dough frosting. Ummmm.... pretty sure these were freakin' amazing. As in, I ate 4 and had to hide the container of the rest of them behind multiple other things in my refrigerator so it would be harder to get more! I love cookie dough and this recipe is the best non-egg, dough recipe ever. 


Organic, from the garden of my father-in-law, raspberry freezer jam. I was inspired by the post by Our Best Bites on freezer jam and finally did it. Amazingly easier than I could have ever imagined in my head. I think sometimes I tell myself - that must be too hard, too much money, too time consuming, etc - so that I don't even give another thought to it and keep buying this weirdo colored jam from the store. Not only does it taste, literally, 100 times better than the jarred stuff - it was cheaper too! Win, win. 


And, somehow, it took me until age 27 to make a 100% whole wheat loaf of bread. Sure, I've done rolls, or half white, half wheat - but for some reason I never thought it would turn out good enough for the time I would invest. I found this amazing recipe and decided to make it, even though I lacked dough enhancer (which would have only made it better!). It was delicious, fluffy and soft. Not only did it taste great, but it was cheap, too. We have about 4,287 lbs of wheat in our basement that we grind up. 

And all three of the websites I linked up to - The Girl Who Ate Everything, Our Best Bites and Jamie Cooks It Up! are my top three favorite food blogs. period. Check 'em out. I have tried so many recipes from each one and like, if not fall in love, with all of them!


And one last (random) note. How adorable are these sugar cookies?! I didn't make them, but I dropped off a meal for a family who welcomed their 4th child and this is what I got in return - my pyrex back with beautiful  sugar cookies, hand made and individually wrapped. Lily loved eating the eyeballs :)

No comments: