Monday, February 11, 2013

27th Birthday

Jordan and my birthdays fall within 8 days of each other, mine is on December 12th and his is on December 20th. This past year, mine came right before weeks of sickness and his came during the sickness. I still owe him a birthday lunch at a Brazilian grill called Rodizio Grill, down in the arena district.

This (past) year I turned 27. I really have no feelings toward being 27. I mean, I am in my late twenties now, but... okay? I am totally cool with birthdays and actually love celebrating them.


Here I am with Lily as I get my traditional breakfast in bed. I had french toast on texas toast with 100% real maple syrup and a few holiday flavored donuts from Tim Horton's. 


My tray present was a new baking sheet - see the old one (still going strong!) from 2005 and then new one from 2012


One of my sweet friends dropped of the absolutely amazing crazy delicious chocolate truffles for me. Seriously. This is the best chocolate I have ever had in my life. She told me it's sold at Sam's Club in packs of 3 during the holiday time. 


For dinner, for some reason unknown to me, I decided to make homemade pizza. I mean, I love my homemade pan pizza buuuut I think next time we'll go out so avoid all the work. Pepperoni for the kids, pep and pineapple for me, pep, green pepper and onion for Jordan. 


Another sweet friend dropped off a flower bouquet for me! I was so pleasantly surprised and delighted. Fresh flowers really do make the room feel so much cheerier and brighter.


Here is the birthday treat I had which was a chocolate covered cheesecake with a light butter cream frosting on top. 

To top off the night, Jordan and I watched Batman the Dark Knight Rises. I am a big fan of the marvel comics movies but unfortunately, this Batman movie was pretty disappointing. 

It was a great birthday, complete with a new wet and dry vacuum for the kitchen hard floors. It's a Bissell that vacuums and then you flip it over and it mops the floor! I hate mopping the floors and this product now makes it possible to clean the floors without breaking a sweat.

3 comments:

Susan said...

I got 2 new pans from Barretts for my birthday, too...to go along with the huge bowl. Now I have to think up ideas for bowl use/pix

so will you post pix of Jordan's birthday, too...I love looking at your blog and know you are way too busy to post but I love to see what you all are doing. How perfect it was that Lily was there beside you in your birthday/breakfast photo. Love you

Susan said...

oh and what recipe for the pizza crust did you use. they look amazing.

Susan said...

One more and than I gotta fly...but I JUST noticed wee Rob stuck in the corner. Totally have seen this pix 4+ times and NEVER noticed the man in blue....so darling.