Thursday, July 19, 2012

Zoo Trip

At the end of May, we took a family trip to the Columbus Zoo when Jordan took a week off of work.


We recently took one last family trip to the Zoo as a family. Our membership is to expire soon and I don't think I am going to renew it until the fall when it's cooler out. I just don't have the energy to haul both kids, a double stroller, snacks, water, diaper bag, hats and sunglasses and myself to the Zoo for a max of two hours to see animals I have seen 20 times before. I think once Rob is older, and can appreciate it more, we'll try again.

Lily, on the other hand, loves the Zoo. She loves to see the animals, talk to them, wave to them and squeal at all the random ducks and birds that are found all over the park.

Here she is on the baby rhino statue, looking like the cutiest little cutie.


It was the perfect weather day, sunny with temperatures in the 70's. We all had a good time!

As you can see below, I was pretty excited about Asia Quest! :) Who doesn't love seeing elephants?! 

It always amazes me what Lily will find interesting. Instead of seeing some type of bird - cranes or something - she thought this waterfall was amazing and remarked about it.


Rob did a really good job at being a trooper, even taking a nap in his stroller. Here is my sweetie boy posed next to a baby elephant statue.

On days like this it makes me wish we could all stay home all day, everyday. But I am so thankful that I am able to stay home instead of going back to the corporate world, and Jordan makes that possible.

Here is little Lily girl riding a hog (?!). I have no clue.

:)


A nice stranger offered to take our picture (Rob was asleep in his stroller) and when he did, he recalled that he has a ton of pictures with one of the parents, but never both. What a nice man!

Lily and I rode the vintage carosel, which was a blast. I was kinda bummed when I couldn't ride with Lily. For real?! Whatever, we still had a fun time. When the ride first started Lily was a little hesitant about it but instantly warmed up to the fun. Up, up, up and down, down, down. And yes, I did get a bit queasy... so lame.

Pretty sure Rob is too small to ride but we still get a picture with him, one day he will get to ride! How much fun will that be - Lily and Robert riding together as little cutie siblings?!

This last picture was right before we went into a bird exhibit. There were three dwarf deers - which are little tiny deers that never grow into a full size. It was like amazingly cute. As we were walking out, we saw a blimp up in the sky and Jordan thought of his mom - so this one is for you Granny!

1 comment:

Susan said...

how very kind of the man to not only take your picture but to share a memory that will be held and remembered and fixed in your own famiily. there is always someone near by to snap a photo of all the family. Me, too...I'm glad you get to stay home all day, every day. It's how it should be!