They made it into the acutal parking lot and then hurried in line like mad men. But not the Don Draper type, the crazed kind.
After standing in line for an hour or so, they made it in and this is what he got.. 4 bags worth of sweatpants, sweatshirts, bathing suits, panties, bras, pajamas, flip flops, jewelry, t-shirts, jeans, shirts, yoga pants. It was Victoria's Secret and PINK madness in our guest bedroom. Lily loved it all. She got to swim through seas of sweatpants!
So he didn't even sleep that night... at all. When he came home, he was still hopped up on sheer adrenaline mixed with the pride of being victorious over sample sale. Then he took a 4 hour nap, and I waited to open the bags until he had gotten up, ate some dinner and then we finally got to see in the bags. I felt like I was a kid on Christmas morning waiting for our parents to get up!
Here Lily is climbing on the bags before we had the chance to open and begin the sorting
Sitting on one of the mountains in excitement - not only had Daddy brought us home bags of goodies, he was finally home from his 4 day absence! Lily was so happy!
The spoils.. because I was literally spoiled that night. I seriously have enough sweatpants and sweatshirts to last me until I either and 40 years old or get too old to wear PINK... not sure which one will come first ;)
I honestly felt like I didn't deserve it all or the money that was spent on it. At $100 a bag, it was a big present and my Mother's Day present for sure. It should probably be my anniversary, birthday and Christmas presents! But to ease some of my guilt, I divvy'ed some of the load and gave it away... because it's good to share. At least that is what I am always telling Lily ;)
1 comment:
how fun, save some for Lily when she grows up and your sisters....
Post a Comment