Friday, April 27, 2012

Rob in Bloom


Oh my little, sweet Robert. We may have struggled the first 3 months together, but now that seems like a far off, distant memory. Rob is such a happy, content, patient, loving and giggly baby boy. He is now 31 weeks old! Time is still flying too fast, but I make an effort on a daily basis to soak up each day with them. I am blessed to have a husband who can financially provide for us so that I can stay home and not work at all.

A few distinct qualities about Rob, in no particular order.

His voice. Even when he was a newborn baby, people would always exclaim 'He has such a manly voice!'. He has this low, mellow, manly voice which can melt your heart in a minute. Recently, he has been playing with his toys and he will look at one of them, very closely and ever-so-softly he will coo and aww at it, as if he is talking to it! He doesn't cry anymore..even when he wakes up from nap or bed time, he usually just talks or might whimper if I wait too long to get him. It's wonderful.


His sleepy snuggle. When it's nap or bed time, I take Rob up and give him his lovey which is a Koala and we begin to rock in the glider. I usually hum or sing as he settles into sleeping. He loves to tap my arm. That sounds funny, but he as always gently tapped my arm since he's been a couple of months old. When I move it away, he stops. He will only tap my arm and nothing else. It's like he knows I am there by the presence of my arm! IHe tells me he is ready for to lay down when his movements slow and he snuggles his right cheek into my chest. And then he stops moving all together.

His appetite. While he may not be a big milk drinker, and never really has been, he loves solid foods. He will tolerate chicken and broth all the way to strawberries or oatmeal, rice. It doesn't matter. He does it all and happily. The first time we fed Rob baby food it was like he had been doing it for weeks. He some times has a sensitive gag reflex but it doesn't hold him back from gobbling up bananas and oatmeal puree.


His sweetness. Lily had this same quality, so while it is not distinct to just him, it's my favorite characterisitc of both of my children. Yeah, I know you know what the word sweet means but it's extraordinary. I was at a party the other night, trying to explain it to a friend and I think I ended up making no sense. My kids love to love. They love to snuggle with us and hug and kiss on us. Just last night Rob was giving me kisses, over and over again. They smile and giggle. They are kind and considerate. Their eyes light up when they see us.  Lily requests family snuggles. I think that is what every Mom must feel towards their own child.


1 comment:

Susan said...

am moved to tears with this....really hope you turn your blog into a hard copy book so these things are never lost