Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Lily in Bloom

A few Sundays ago we just had to get some pictures of Lily before church. It was a warm, sunny, wonderful spring day. As I looked at these photos with Jordan, we were just in amazement at our sweet, angelic, innocent (baby) girl!

Lily has been growing in leaps and bounds recently. Her imagination has been running wild recently. Most of the time, Lily doesn't play with toys during the day, she dances around, sings and plays with Robert. She usually only plays with toys when I play with her. And now, she is pretending! She will bring me 'flowers' and tell me a story about them. I will see her over in the corner of the living room, 'planting a flower bed'.

And, as of last Monday, she is working on potty training. I had made a few (weak) attempts at potty training her, but she just was not into it. With some advice from my sister Dawn, I had one more trick up my sleeve and I was ready whenever she was. Enter the stickers and sticker chart! Last Monday evening, she looks up at Jordan and says 'I need to go potty'. We jumped on it. Things have been going really, really well. Much better than I expected. Of course we've had many accidents and thanks to 409 carpet cleaner, we've made it through. The last two days, she has had no accidents.

Okay, enough chatter, here are the pictures of my petite Lily in bloom


Jordan took these pictures of her, and he didn't coach her at all. She is just a little poser on her own

Our creeping phlox path with princess Lily


How adorable is that little face with her little hands by it?! She is too precious.


Daddy and Lily girl.. sans a smile but it was windy. Lily has a thing with wind and her hair, she thinks the two don't mix well.

Smooshy, lovey cheeks (hilarious face for Lily!)


Mommy and Lily girl

1 comment:

Susan said...

if only there were audios to go with Miss Lily. She's adorable. And of course wind does not mix well with hairdos. come on mom...get her a babuska. haha