As Lily gets older, the holiday celebrations become more fun with each passing holiday. She will still ask to dress up for Halloween or put up the Christmas tree... even when it's March :)
This was the first year that Lily understood a few concepts of Easter. I use italics because she doesn't understand the real meaning of Easter but traditions that are associated with the holiday. I'm not sure how I am going to explain a cross... yeah.. that will be sometime in the future. Probably next year. I would like to do a really fun family week for the week before the resurrection.
This year, possibly for the first time ever, we traveled up to Sheffield Lake to visit with Jordan's family. His sister, Dawn, and her family were there, as well as Marissa and her family. It was great to spend time with his family. The highlight of the trip, other than all the delicious food, was looking through old photo albums of the family. We looked through hundreds of pictures and it was so much fun to see how some of the children looked their Mom at one point or another. There is an adorable picture of Jordan at 6 months and I see so much Rob in him!
Unfortunately, baby Rob had a difficult trip. Naps were short or non existant and he was mildly fussy off and on. And I think between both nights, I only slept 8 hours total. But it's hard for wee ones to travel and sleep/live in an unfamiliar place! Lily, on the other hand, loved loved loved running around and playing with her extended family. Especially her cousin, baby Henry (who is younger than her but bigger than her, although she still calls him baby Henry) and Adelle. I barely saw her for three days! She had a blast. After spending time with extended family it makes me sad that we are not a 10 minute drive from each other. But, maybe one day we will be. Growing up, I took for granted that I lived 10 minutes from my grandparents who I saw all the time. Plus, my Uncle Bo and his family lived 10 minutes away too, so we always got to see our cousins.
The trip was great, all kinds of yummy food, candy, treats, games, laughter, Easter egg hunt and good old fashioned family time.
The morning before we left for Sheffield Lake, we celebrated the secular part of Easter. Lily was in Easter egg overload :)
My little, sweet Easter bunny
Such little cutie pies. I know, I am biased. But who doesn't want to kiss on those delicious cheeks?!
Partners in crime...
Lily and Robert are interacting more and more these days. It's so much fun to watch them look at each other, talk, laugh and play around.
Here are the kiddo's Easter baskets.. even though baby Rob is too small, Lily gladly accepted his candy. And yes, that's a Cars memory game. Lily just isn't that into princesses - she would much rather have a train or car game
We put a trail of eggs, all filled with little candies, from her bedroom door to her Easter basket downstairs. She picked up each one with excitement, then she would shake it to hear the candy jingle, and then she would ask to eat it!
Picking up the eggs on the stairway
She can't believe how many there are!
3 comments:
oh how I loved it that you came up and I really didn't notice Rob being fussy but then you see in happy in his own home and can compare. These pix are adorable.
Hillary you should do some of the christ centered Easter traditions on my blog next year....shell totally get it!!
Hillary you should do some of the christ centered Easter traditions on my blog next year....shell totally get it!!
Post a Comment