Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Back in the 'Ville

A couple of weeks ago I traveled out to Zanesville to visit my Mom, siblings and my grandparents who are in a nursing home there. It was a great but long trip. We first traveled to the nursing home and spent awhile there showing my grandparents Lily, videos of Lily on the laptop and chatting about what's new in their lives. They were just so tickled with Lily and her shoes, shorts, hair style and just about everything else. Although Lily was pretty timid while at the nursing home (who isn't?!) she did well in a new place, with new people.

My maternal grandmother, Anna Mae (who is doing very well, health wise)



My maternal grandfather, Allen (who is also doing very well)




4 generations of Wallen (Gma) , Picklesimer (Mom), Kinkead (Me) and Hatch (Lily)
After visiting with my grandparents, we traveled over to my Mom's apartment to help Cy, his friend and his friend's Mom work through their financial aid options at OSU. I compiled the data and the numbers with each option and then created a power point presentation. I know, I couldn't help myself. What better way is there to present information than through a power point?! There is none. ;)

After we chatted for awhile, Lily needed a nap. I haven't had her nap at other's home too much so I wasn't sure how it would go at my Mom's house, since she's never been there. I set up the pack n play, held and sang to her for a little bit and then laid her down with her hippo and blankie. She looks up at me with a sad face and a little frown and says 'Bye, bye Momma'. Awww! I could just see in her face that she was uneasy and scared about sleeping there but she was accepting of it at the same time! So cute, I was so proud of her!

She did the same thing at nursery yesterday, when I bent down to kiss her bye, she didn't meet my gaze. After I kissed her I told her I was leaving and I would be back later. She finally looked up at me and said while waving 'Bye, bye Momma' with the biggest frown her little mouth could muster. Heart breaking and so wonderful at the same time! I kept a smile on my face and told her bye. She stayed there the whole time and didn't cry again.

The rest of our trip to Zanesville was filled with chatting with my Mom and siblings and Cy watching Elmo's World on YouTube with Lily on his lap (so cute!).

No comments: