Wednesday, July 13, 2011

29 Weeks 2 Days

Soooo... I am officially in my 3rd trimester.

What's up with this part of my pregnancy, you ask? Well, let me tell you. (FYI: this post contains pregnancy related vocabulary)

*UTI - awesome, not. Antibiotics took it away within 3 days, thank goodness.

*Anemia - low iron but there is no way I am taking anymore vitamins/supplements that contain iron. Too much iron is too tough on my body.

*Dehydration - protein in urine is an indication that the body does not have enough water to digest it, so out it must go without absorption. I am now drinking at least 64 oz of water (not to mention milk or koolaid).

*Low carb intake - easily remedied! Ketones in the urine is an indication that the body is not receiving enough carbohydrates and so begins to break down stored fat, which is the back up fat and the by product is ketones which must go out as well. I've been having a cinnamon raisin bagel every morning with (low fat!) strawberry cream cheese

*SI joint pain - sacroiliac joint pain to be more specific. It's joint in the pelvic area that helps to stabilize. Pregnancy hormones, like relaxin, relax the muscles to compensate for the expanding uterus and to prepare for birth. Unfortunately, mine has been seriously effected. I recently bought Motherhood Maternity's maternity support belt that I wear when I am standing for more than 30 minutes and it has been a huge help. I still work on my physical therapy stretches (that I googled and printed off) and try to be smart about my posture. I am hoping to join a gym with a pool for the next two months to do some aqua workouts. I'll let you know how that goes!

*False labor contractions - just started on Sunday night and they got so intense I was gripping the couch and almost in tears. They came back Monday night and last night. I went to the doctor who checked on everything and the cervix is not responding to the contractions... yet. Which is good. I really hope this is temporary, in the sense of not for the next 10 weeks.

Lily's pregnancy was such a breeze. It makes me wonder what pregnancy #3 will be like..

On the up side, the baby is healthy with a great heart rate, head down and moving all the time. Lily is in love with my ever-growing belly and gives 'Baby Ob' (as she calls him) kisses, hugs, rubs and love on a daily basis. She even rubbed her blankie taggies on my belly because she really likes to rub her taggies and figures baby Rob must want to, too!

1 comment:

Valerie said...

After baby #3 I have decided that each pregnancy must be different. Why can't they all be the same? Then I'd know what to expect each time and it would be sooooooo much easier!