Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Cy's Graduation

This post is long overdue and is mainly for my little sister Briana who is serving a mission in Bulgaria. Here you go Bree, we missed you!

My little brother, Cyrus, graduated from high school last month! I went to the graduation ceremony for him and his class of 2011. It was a typical ceremony - lots of talk of never seeing people again, who will these students become in the future and a long presentation of the diplomas. There were great musical pieces from the choir, band and a solo from a senior student. It was a great ceremony all-in-all.

There is always a mix of emotions in the air at these kind of events - excitement to leave high school forever but also nervousness and fear of the unknown. Some girls pranced down the aisle with all the confidence in the world and then others were head down, eyes to the ground with zero emotion on their face. Either way, I was so proud of my little brother for graduating and completing a successful high school career.



Here is the program - good ole West Muskingum High School:




Cyrus Kinkead - The Ohio State University/Finance (yaaaaay - another Buckeye in the family!!)





This is the only picture I could get of Cyrus - he was walking sooo fast and my cat like reflexes were not working that night.










When I arrived to the WM campus (elementary, middle school and high school) they had to shuttle people to the HS from all over the campus since parking is total whack at the high school. As I got on a school bus I realized that the lady driving the bus was my bus driver from bus #19 when I was a little girl - 2nd through 7th grade - Miss Artie!! I could not believe it. She remembered me too! Too much fun! I then realized I hadn't been on a school bus since 8th grade.. years and years ago. I hate school buses. They smell, are cramped and are uncomfortable.




Jordan stayed home with Lily since I didn't get back to Zanesville until close to midnight! After the ceremony, we went to Red Lobster and enjoyed a delicious meal and chatted all about Cy's accomplishments during his high school career. Such a great time with family!

No comments: