Lily and I at the fireworks store - Lily was so excited to be there. Probably just wanted out of the car but either way, look at that smile! Yes, I look fat-pregnant in this shot. I must have faith that if I got my body 'back' after Lily was born, I can do it again with baby #2...!
This is from our first trip to the lake on Saturday. Jordan went out into the lake with Lily in her floatie and Marissa took Henry in his inflatable duckie. Lily did not want to leave at all. The lake was cool that day and Lily's lips quickly turned purple and shivering set in. So we had to force warm up breaks :)
Daddy showing Lily Lake Erie where he spent so much time swimming in as a child.
The other view of the beach, right on the other side of the shubbery are some amazing condos!
Here is my mother-in-law Susan standing next to the lake with one of the oars to our inflatable raft. Despite her pain, she was able to make it down to the beach with us and we were so glad!
Princess Lily playing in the sand with the shovel. She loved to move the sand from the bucket and then back to the beach. She also really enjoyed finding pebbles and sticks and arranging them on the sand with Daddy.
Here I am asking Lily for a kiss! She graciously indulged me :) (How cute is she?! I know, I am biased but the hat, swim shoes and bathing suit are just adorable!)
Taking a rest in the cool water on the lake shore.
I think this picture is so cute - here Lily is - alone, taking a little stroll down the beach..
Here Lily is asking (more like pleading/whining/fussing) to get back into her floatie and into the lake.

Granny can play the piano very well and Lily really enjoyed listening and dancing to the piano. Here she is cuddling in Granny's lap, learning to play :)

On the 4th we paraded up and down Warwick and then came back to the Lake House for popsicles and fudgesicles - yum!
Unfortunately, she had already been out that we had to warm her up. Snuggling (and kisses) works best!
Note: her face is unhappy.
Daddy and Lily warming up on the beach. On our second trip to the beach, all of us went out into the lake on the inflatable raft. Lily sat on my lap and just jabbered away as Jordan rowed the raft through the choppy water. She loved it. The other time we took the raft out, Lily stayed in her floatie and I held onto the floatie and she would just kick her legs in the water and giggle. At one point, she would place her face inches from the lake and wait for a wave to swell and hit her face. She loved it!
Yes, I know. The following picture scares a lot of people but I trust Jordan and his abilities. Lily is training to be a flyer :)
After returning from the lake, everyone needed to rinse off before a delicious lunch that Granny had prepared. Here is baby Henry and Lily in Granny's tub - a classic shot.
Jordan had the opportunity to run some errands with his Mom and visit his grandparent's grave. His Grandma's birthday is July 4th. The placed some lovely lilies and spent some time thinking of them.
Granny can play the piano very well and Lily really enjoyed listening and dancing to the piano. Here she is cuddling in Granny's lap, learning to play :)
Lily and I strolling down the street with our American flag. She was starting to get onry, she woke up at 5am that morning and didn't go back to sleep. We were all in the same room with her pack n play right next to my bed. Once she realized we were all together in the same room, she wanted to play with us, no matter the time!
I was really impressed with Lily's ability to fall asleep for naps and bed time at Granny's house. The first time she was a little scared but after that, had no problem. Lily did wonderful on the drive there and back to Columbus. She had her first kid's meal at Wendy's on the way home - chicken sandwich, apples and milk. It was so cute!
3 comments:
Ah...Hillary. You neglected to mention that in your swimsuit, classic as it was, and as beautiful as you are, that you were my very own Audrey Hepburn. Simply beautiful
looks like a fun family reunion...
Post a Comment