Monday, June 13, 2011

3 Parties 3 Nights

We had a great family weekend.

It was exactly what I needed to work through my discouragement, stress and feelings of being overwhelmed.

Jordan had Friday off so we spent the day hanging out indoors since it rained and rained! We ran some errands in the morning, worked on Lily's big girl room in the afternoon and had a surprise party that evening.

A friend of ours from church turned 40 and his wife threw a huge surprise party for him at the Worthington Recreation Center. She catered his favorite greek food with cake and a chocolate fountain. I love greek food so I was in Heaven! All three of us had a great night enjoying delicious food, chatting with old friends and watching all the kids run around like mad. Lily was a too timid to join in on the running around, so she watched from afar and nibbled on our food.

Saturday Jordan finished chopping down a tree in a our front yard. It was a ash tree and fell victim to the ash borer insect. It barely had any leaves this summer so we knew it was d-e-a-d. It was a small tree that took three chopping down installations to complete. It's gone, chopped and stacked now. Now we need to find someone to grind the stump.

That night we attended a party at the Eve's house for Mr. John Candler Eve's graduation from the Ohio State University. It was a luau and I dug out a lei I convinced my parents to buy me when we went to Disney World in the summer of 2000. Yes, somehow, 11 years later I still have the lei! It's an awesome lei, not the $1 store kind. I should have taken a picture..!

I attempted to make a key lime bundt cake which sounds so absolutely delicious to me. Unfortunately, it turned out... blah. I'll have to keep on the search for another recipe! During this pregnancy, the fruit lime has moved up into my top 5 favorite fruits :)

The kids had a wonderful time at the party, eating yummy food and playing in the kiddy pool. Lily likes to put her face in the water and sometimes (most times) drink it. Ha!

On Sunday we went to church where Lily is new to nursery. In our church, the kiddos stay with their parents until 18 months when they join nursery. Boy, is it a wild place. I wonder what day/child care centers must be like... So imagine this: being dropped of with strangers, in a strange place you've never been too and with other people who you don't know that are running around doing one (or all) of the following: screaming, pushing, kicking, crying or hitting. I would be scared too! Needless to say, Lily has anxiety about being left alone there. It'll take time. Jordan and I take turns staying with her until she becomes more comfortable. We stay there, on the side lines until we tell her we have to go 'bye-bye and that we will be back soon'. I believe in letting her know when we leave. I don't 'sneak' out.

Later Sunday night, after a 2 hour nap (yesssuh!), we went to a going away party for our friends who are finished with med school and are leaving for New Mexico to being residency. It was a blast! We, once again, enjoyed delicious food and friends. Lily enjoyed sitting on Jordan's lap while he on their trampoline with all the kids jumping, wildly. Too cute. I made these cookies with vanilla chips and they were a hit. Yum, yum, yum.

Phew! What a weekend! 3 parties in 3 nights!

1 comment:

Jocelyn Christensen said...

Did you try the one that I make? Look for the recipe onthe recipes section ofmy blog: http://beinglds.blogspot.com/p/recipes.html