Thursday, April 7, 2011

Early Father's Day

Jordan is one of the best of the best

Not only is he my best friend (and great at it) and a considerate, loving spouse - he is a dedicated, plugged in, loving Father. Jordan takes great care of Lily, and has since day #1. He loves spending time with her whenever he is home from work. Weekend mornings are spend giggling in our bed and snuggling while singing songs together. There is a special, unique place for Daddy in Lily's heart.


Usually for Father's day we are in Paintsville, Kentucky for my Mom's extended family's reunion. (Yeah, be jealous...) So Jordan's first Father's day was spent at the Ramada Inn with all my KY folks and his presents Lily and I bought for him.


This year, Lily and I (really just me) decided to celebrate Father's day a little earlier than June. We chose the end of March :) We bought Jordan a smoker that he's been wanting for months and months, off of Craigslist for a great deal (i'm a lover of CL).


Lily and I drove to Grandview, picked up the smoker (which was brand new!) and came home and decorated the garage. That way, when Jordan came home and clicked open the garage door - he would see his Father's day signs, covered present and streamers. Lily and I waited by the window for him to come for 20 minutes, so excited!!


Lily showing Daddy his present, which he instantly guessed was a smoker


Checking out the fancy shmancy smoker


Since Jordan was so excited and happy, Lily was oh-so-giddy in return



Candler (Jordan's BFF) was gifted the same smoker by Jordan for Can Man's birthday a month ago. Here they are, dualling smokers...


The end result of 4 hours of mesquite smoking - delicious smoked whole chickens

2 comments:

Colleen Eve said...

And the chicken was sooo delicious! I'm personally glad that you decided to celebrate Father's Day early so we could join in the festivities ;)

Susan said...

better not tell Ken Barlow...or he's gonna make Pam and I start earlier than usual...and he starts bugging us about July.