Our cookies are different than most - not only do we bake with love, but we bake with a stone and butter flavored Crisco.
Here is our recipe with our tips and tricks included... enjoy!
Chocolate Chip Cookies
Ingredients:
*1 cup butter shortening
*3/4 cup sugar
*3/4 cup brown sugar
*1 tsp. vanilla
*2 tsp. water
*2 eggs
*2 cups flour
*1 tsp. baking soda
*1 tsp. salt
*12 oz (whole bag) of Hershey's semi-sweet chocolate chips (Note: you must use good chocolate. Kroger brand will not suffice.)
Directions:
*Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees and place your baking stone in the oven to pre-heat as well
*Cream shortening, brown sugar, sugar, vanilla, water and eggs together. Make sure it's smooth and creamy like
*Then add flour, soda and salt to the mixture
*Finally, add the chips and mix thoroughly
*Take out baking stone from oven and drop cookies using a scooper (to give a uniform look to cookies)
*Bake for 8-10 minutes until the cookies are barely golden on top
*Let cookies sit for 2 minutes on the stone to crisp the bottom just enough
*Take off cookies and cool, the bottom should be a light golden brown
2 comments:
Ooh! Thanks for the idea! I'm going to try them on the baking stone today! I always forget to take the stone out of the oven when I'm pre-heating it anyway... I might as well use it :)
Oops--This is Kathleen! I didn't know that I was logged in as Steve :)
Post a Comment