Tuesday, February 22, 2011

Summer In Our Basement

In my effort to thwart the negative effects of dreary February, I had a indoor pool party for a couple of friends and their kiddos. The night before Jordan and I primed the finished portion of the basement for the event. We laid down tarp, inflated the pool and hooked up a hose to our hot water hook up for the washing machine.

In the morning, I went back down and finished filling the pool with hot water again to make it a perfect warm temperature. I brought down a space heater and cranked it to make it a balmy 80 degrees.

Two friends arrived and we got our kiddos suited up for some pool time!

Sabrina and Lily in their swim suits ready to play!




Dallin is also ready to splash!


For whatever reason, none of the kids were excited yet.. hehe


There we go! Happiness and excitement!


I think Lily looks so grown up in this shot, what a cutie pie


Princess Fi Fi (as I call her) also had on her swim suit and got ready to play


They were splashing, giggling, squealing and even doing a few cannonballs


This is Dallin swimming :)


Take that February!

2 comments:

Mark, Stacy, & Jack said...

What a cute idea, I can't believe how big all the kiddos are getting.

Susan said...

perfect February activity