Tuesday, February 15, 2011

15 Months

Lily is now 15 months, well more like 15 1/2 months at this point but I still wanted to post what she's up to now-a-days.

Her stats:
*Weight - 21 lbs 12 oz
*Height - 31 inches
*Healthy with a bit of residual mucus from her cold in Janurary

*Helper: Lily has become my little helper around the house. I never really thought that such wee ones could help with chores but I was wrong! She helps me unload the silverware from the dishwasher everyday. I holler to her in the family room 'Helper, I need your help!' and she scurries over with a little giggle under her breath. She hands me the pillows in the morning to put on top of the bed once it's done being made. She picks up her toys (with me helping, of course). After grocery shopping, she will hand me groceries out of the bags to put into the refrigerator.

*Chatter: If you know Lily, you know she loves to talk. She added 'ball', 'uh-oh' to her daily vocabulary. But mostly, she just jabbers in the most sensical, non-sensical way :) She will tell you stories that are funny, sad, frustrating or silly. Sometimes she will throw her head back in laughter at the end of one of these said stories. She cracks her self up, most often.

*Teeth: Lily has 8 teeth plus three of her molars that have come through in the last couple of weeks. She has one last molar that will be erupting anyday. Unfortunately, she's been a cranky the last couple of days despite my best efforts to help her with the discomfort. Growing pains. I haven't been big on 'brushing' her teeth although my ped encourages the practice beginning at tooth #1 (who has time to do this?!). But recently Lily has watched me brush my teeth in the morning and wants to do it too. So I brush my teeth and then I use her little kiddie brush with baby 'toothpaste' and she loves it. Anything Mommy does, she wants to do too.

*Mimic: Lily is really into taking care of her babies. She has two little dolls that she carts all over the place - the house, the car, the grocery store, doctor's office and so on. She will feed them their milk (from her sippy), hug them, pat them, feed them with a spoon, change their diapers on her changing pad and put coats on them before we leave the house.

*Singing: I sing her songs often and she has quite a few favorites. She loves Popcorn Popping with all the hand motions, Itsy Bitsy Spider with the motions and most recently, Sunbeam where she puts her hands out like a sunbeam when I sing the second syllable - sun-BEAM. It's too cute. Once, we are done singing, she will sign 'more, please'.

*Social: Lily thrives on social interaction. Whenever the door bell rings, she becomes totally hyped that it could be one of her friends. She especially loves seeing Colleen and Savvy on the other side of the door. She screams, no lie. Screams with pure delight! Sometimes she continues to scream as we walk back to the family room. Lily loves to hug and kiss on her friends too.

*Love: Lily shows her love with snuggles. I think she would be content to snuggle with me on the couch all day long. She will kiss on us, hug us, nuzzle her face into us, scratch our backs, pat our face and snuggle in for a nice cuddle. She often does this with Jordan on Saturday mornings, she will just fall onto him and lay there for the longest time - sucking her thumb and snuggling.

*Mobility: Lily is almost running around the house now. She is going up and down stairs, pulling up on the couch and getting off the couch and can walk around our block. On Sunday when the temperature barely hit 45 degrees, we bundled up and went outside for a walk. She walked nearly a 1/2 mile on the sidewalk that sometimes covered in slush. She had us for stability and her boots for support. She loved being outside. Oh, we miss outside.

*Food: Lily loves food. A lot. She drinks about 18 oz of whole milk and has three solid meals each day. Breakfast has become more of a feast for her. She usually eats a whole banana, an omlette and half of a pancake.

*Naps: Lily is currently down to one nap a day, although we are still in the transition period. I have learned over the past 15 months that any time there is a major change to Lily's life (weaning from nursing, sippy cup, sleeping through the night, etc.) she needs about two weeks to reset her internal clock. Although, with one nap a day, she is sleeping about 13 hours a night!

We love our little Lily!

1 comment:

Susan said...

what a super review! I could picture every single item....this is so much fun. I need a little Lily love soon.