Friday, September 27, 2013

Birthday Celebration

We enjoyed a low key, family birthday celebration for Rob on his 2nd birthday. I asked Lily what kind of a treat we should make for Robert and she said the chocolate cake with the number on it!! I think this cake is quickly becoming our family's traditional birthday cake. It's a deluxe version of a cake mix, adding in pudding, mini chocolate chips and other ingredients, topped with homemade Hershey's icing. 


For dinner, the only dinner Robert will eat right now, I made homemade pizza on a half white and half wheat crust. And I shaped a special pizza into an R for Robert


Then we had a pepperoni and a pepperoni with pineapple on a deep dish style pizza crust


Here is little Rob, patiently waiting to begin his birthday dinner


After we all ate plenty of pizza, we sang him happy birthday, blew out the candles and then began to cut the cake


This is Lily's I-can't-wait-to-eat-this-amount-of-sugar-I'm-soooo-happy face


Robert loved the cake and we ended up giving him 3rds, you know, it's his birthday! Side note, he did fall right asleep that night!


We bought Robert a little Melissa and Doug play doh tool kit and we plan on getting Lily and Robert a combined gift of an kids trampoline. But, that will have to wait until Lily's birthday.


Here we are learning how to stamp the play doh with our wooden blocks


Next, we skyped with my Dad who sent Robert a Home Depot tool kit. I think Jordan was just as excited as Robert to have a 'man toy' and I think I heard him exclaim 'It's about time!' Okay.. so we need more boy toys. Garage sale season is coming up here in Florida.

When we were skyping, Robert said 'I like fans John.' and then later he said 'John, I like play doh' it was adorable!


Then, we got to skype with Jordan's parents - Granny and Papa. We opened a gift of an electronic drum set from them. Robert and Lily (and really Jordan too) instantly fell in love with it. There are different settings to play along with and a free style setting.


Here the kids are playing the drums!


We also received an Elmo birthday card in the mail from Nene Kathy that Robert carried everywhere for a day. He is an Elmo fan :)

It was a great day, and surprisingly, I didn't feel homesick as I thought I would. Although, we missed our friends and neighbors celebrating with us, we are grateful for skype that can still keep us connected!

No comments: