Monday, August 19, 2013

Open House

Our last Sunday in Ohio, we hosted an open house at our place for any friends, family and church members that wanted to come and say goodbye.

It was a great Sunday evening and we had a lot of people come and show their support and love to our family. It was truly touching! 

Here is the Erin Smith family - we've known them for years and Erin has been a wonderful example of how to be a thoughtful, kind and compassionate woman


Here are BFF's - Lily and Savvy just chilling in the lawn chairs


Colleen's mom, sister and niece came as well - Rene Lorencen, Emily Andrulonis and little baby Ella :) They are like family to me! Rene has been apart of my life since I was 18.... 10 years already!


Tracie Hanson and her two boys, her little girl was not feeling well. I had the chance to give service to Tracie years ago, when she had Sven. Since then, we became fast friends. Tracie is so loyal and will give service in a minute!


Here is the Russell family with Tenley and Macy. We met the Russells last fall and Holly and I instantly clicked. I love her little girls and could kiss on them all day! She is a wonderful example of being a mother and a friend.


This is Becky and Brian Mills, who live right around the block from us. Both Jordan and I had the chance to work with their kids in the youth program years ago. They have always been so kind and willing to help with anything we need!


DeAnna and Heinz Horstmeier came and showed their support. They are the pioneers for our church in the Columbus area. We've been so blessed to watch their examples the last 8 years


Here is Jan Francis and her two little babes. I met Jan through Colleen back in the early college days, pre-Jordan. She happened to be in town and made the journey to come say goodbye. So sweet of her!


This is Rachel Williams, who I met while being her youth leader in our church's youth program. She is always surprising me with her talents and beauty!


This is Rachel's mom - Leslie - who I have had the pleasure to get to know better the last two years. I've been blessed to have so many wonderful examples around me!


This is Megan Hall and her little girl Lydia. Megan is a warrior! After adopting Lydia, she finds out not too long thereafter she is pregnant! And they are moving to London for her husband's education in a few weeks! I've often looked to her and said - if you can move to London with two little babes under 18 months, then I can make this move too. How amazing of a woman!


This is the Thomas family. I met Mary Ann back when we first moved into the area. She has always been kind, knowledgeable and willing to share any of her talents. 


This is my 2nd mom - Astrid Kron. Maybe if I dyed my hair darker, I could pull it off ;) Astrid has been one of the most influential people in my life. I have learned how to give service, compassion, strength and kindness to my family and others because of her shining example. She has taken care of my kids, myself and my family for 8 years. That is a lot of time!! When I had Robert and was barely getting enough sleep to breathe -she came over once a week to let me nap for as long as I could. She would take Robert and I would just sleep. I will never, ever forget her kindness.


Cy baby and little Robert


Here is (part) of the Kron Klan - Sarah, Daniel, Astrid and Stephen. Such a helpful and wonderful family!!


Carolyn Dehdari and her little girl Gwen came - whom I call 'Gwennie'. I become close with Carolyn when I had to the chance to serve her. Since then, I have gotten to know her and her amazing talents. She is quiet and I am loud so we go together well :)


One of my closest friends from Ohio. Stephanie Hoyle and her lovely family - Chad, Lana, Leah and Brady. I met Steph 4 years ago when we had babies two weeks apart (Lily and Brady). We were both nursing in the mother's room at church and lamenting our sorrows. We became fast, close and wonderful friends. How blessed I've been to have her in my life!


The Washburn family came as well - Kristine, Brigham, Ammon and Anya. We have had the chance to work with Anya (and her older sister Samantha) over the years and had the pleasure of watching their family grow up!


This is the M. Todd Smith Family - Nathaniel, Caleb, Lilyanna, Benjamin and Emilia. What a unique, intelligent and amazingly talented family! We are so thankful we were able to call them friends the last 8 years!


Another one of my closest friends from Ohio - Liz Roessner and her crew. Jason, baby Luke, Evelyn and Olivia. What would we do without our Roessner family!? They've brought so much fun and love to our family these last 4 years.


Here is (part) of the Williams family - Michael, Leslie, Rachel and Dave. Both Dave and Michael took care of our lawn as we worked on selling our Hartsdale house, we really appreciated the help!


It was touching to see everyone come and say their final goodbyes. What a bittersweet evening that we spent with so many people with great weather. We have been truly blessed to be associated with so many wonderful people for so many years.


1 comment:

dawnmercedes said...

what a fun collage of friends and thoughts...you are bound to stay connected via the internet. And just think, in 3 more years, you will have another post filled with even more friends!! You are so blessed!! xoxo