Friday, August 26, 2011

35 Weeks, 4 Days

Ahhh.. pregnancy.

This one has been a doozy.

Yesterday my false labor contractions really started coming. From 7:00am to 8:00pm I had a contraction every 5 to 20 minutes. I laid on the couch all. day. long. Other than to feed myself and Lily, and to put her down for a nap. I couldn't really move since every contractions makes me freeze in discomfort/pain. By the end of the day, my body was exhausted. I headed over to Riverside Hospital's labor and delivery unit.

Once they had the monitor on, I could see the actual contractions hitting every 3 to 5 minutes, consistently for an hour. They checked my cervix - dilated to 1cm and then gave me a bag of fluid through an IV. I then laid there for another hour until the fluid was completely gone and I had to go to the bathroom so bad. The resident doctor I had seemed totally dumb, inexperienced, un-confident (if that is even a word!) and annoying. I want a real doctor, not a practicing one.. anyway. The resident comes in and checks me again - no change, still 1 cm and the contractions were still coming every 5 to 7 minutes. She then leaves and the nurse comes in offering me a shot of terbutaline to stop the contactions. 30 minutes later, still having contractions 7 to 10 minutes apart and not as strong. Unfortunately, the side of terbutaline is 'the jitters'.

I finally get home around midnight. I was able to sleep the whole night without the contractions waking/keeping me up which was great.

So hooray for 'chronic contractors' - I hope my abs are like a six pack when I am done with this pregnancy after all the working out it's been involuntarily doing for me. I want to make it to 37 weeks but after that, by all means little bebe, come on out and play!

No comments: