Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Seasons (or the Lack of)

It's October 1st and on our schedule for today is to go swimming with a high of 90 degrees. 

While I love to swim and I love the sun, I think my body is like... shouldn't it be getting cooler out? We've been in perpetual summer since June and it's starting to feel a bit strange.

Plus, all my fall decor (which doesn't really apply down here.. nothing changes to oranges, yellows or reds) is in storage. Regardless of ample sun, green palm trees and exotic flowers blooming, I am still going to put my fall stuff out and light my pumpkin candles.

For the first time, I am in the minority of people who live in the continental U.S. that do not experience season changes. I would guess most of Florida, parts of Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and California. The books about winter with gloves, hats, snow and winter coats do not apply. It's different. 

I love fall in Ohio and I miss it. But for now, I will enjoy to sun and swimming temperatures for a while longer.

2 comments:

Kathleen said...

It's great the first year, but you will be changing your tune next year this time :)

Susan said...

definitely put out the fall decorations. it's the things you loved once, miss now, and need to celebrate. I just cannot imagine a life without seasonal changes but wish you well as you do. Love you...and your posts. checke every morning for them.