Monday, October 14, 2013

Our House

This will be our 7th day in the new house, one whole week! It's flown by. I forgot what it was like to have projects, deep cleaning and organizing to do to make my house a home, exactly however I want to make it. 

I also underestimated to comfort power that my stuff has. As in, how happy and how much better I sleep on my own mattress! Or how comforting it is to have all of my kitchen tools (yes, tools!) back like my Kitchenaid mixer, baking sheets, utensils, mixing bowls, etc. They're mine, they're clean and just what I am used to. It was blissful making oatmeal chocolate chip cookies in my own kitchen on Saturday night, as I had all my BBW pumpkin candles burning. Oh yeah, fall exploded all over one of my kitchen counter tops and I don't mind one bit that it's borderline tacky :)

The house is amazing. Really. It's very different from Ohio (but what isn't at this point?!) in style, size, landscaping and community lay out. But this is a good different, not a bad different. We have three little boys that live next door that have come over three times to ask if the kids can come out and play! How cute is that? The last time I lived in a neighborhood with lots of kids was when I was in 4-7 years old. 

Unpacking and organizing the house has been way better than I thought it would be. We moved extra boxes and donate/sell items to one half of the garage so we could park our van in the garage! And we have maybe 4 boxes in the house that still need unpacked. Both Jordan and I have been working really hard to make this house our home

The kids are adjusting to a new place, although they understand this is our new house. The adjustment is much better than it was from Ohio to the temp house. We still need to get on a good sleep schedule - everyone is going to bed too late and getting up way too early right now. Just in time for daylight savings to end... hip hip hooray. Not. But we'll get there. One thing at a time.

1 comment:

Susan said...

It is SO not borderline anything except lovely and homey. Time to let those life long Floridians experience what real Fall is like