This would be the equivalent to a 'lovey' - something that little babies and kids grow attached to that is usually soft or comfy to cart around with. This is Jordan's lovey from his childhood. I am not sure if you can tell from this photo or not, but it was well used! There were specific spots on the blanket where you can tell he snuggled up with often because the batting underneath was next to gone!
Thinking of babies - Jordan and I visited a women in our church who is bed-ridden in the nearby hospital. Her and her husband are having the first kids. Yes, that's right, kids - plural. They are expectating twins! She was at high risk due to some problems and now she must stay in the hospital for a little over two months as well as have a c-section to deliver the babies, 2 months early (she is due December 25th)! So we gathered up some BBW and VS items in a basket and went down to see her and her husband, Eli. They are a pleasant couple, full of life in such a..boring and exhausting circumstance. At this point, she will not lose her babies and she'll hopefully deliver two 4lb little ones soon. What a wonderful opportunity for service and to brighten someone's evening - other than just vegging at home. We also decided we want to have our kids at the Riverside Methodist hospital, where Abby currently lives. It was so nice and clean! The look, the staff and the parking - really a nice hospital.
1 comment:
There is something so wonderful about having a 'lovey' as you call it...even when you are an adult. I've had many but currently, I think it's Niko...who last night while I was knitting HAD to lay on my lap UNDER the blanket. We were both warm and lovey. But knitting high was tiring so I figured being lovey was enough for a while.
Post a Comment