Wednesday, May 21, 2014

Hoyle's Visit

Just a few days after I gave birth to Marius, we had the wonderful opportunity to see one of our good friend's from Ohio. Steph Hoyle and her family were visiting her parents who come down and stay on Fort Myers Beach (about 40 minute drive) for a few weeks a year. It happened to fall at the right time for us to meet up. 


Here Stephanie is holding baby Marius, while her 4 year old Brady looks cautiously :)


Here is the Hoyle family minus Leah, who stayed in Ohio with relatives. 


The kids thought he was pretty cute :)


It was so refreshing to talk to someone that knows me. And has known me for years! I met Steph when I was 6 weeks post partum with Lily in the nursing mother's room at church. Her little boy was a couple of weeks younger than Lily at the time. After that time, I knew we would be friends. I dropped off a Souffer's lasagna, frozen veggies, garlic bread  as a belated meal for her. Now, 4 1/2 years later, she brought me the same meal! Plus flowers and brownies. It was so touching, that even though she was on vacation, she thought of me and what I may need. So sweet and thoughtful!


We went outside to say goodbye and snap a few pictures before the Hoyle's had to leave to go back to FMB


During that time, Marius got a little sun to help with his jaundice


It was so lovely to see them but so sad to see them go! I don't know when I will ever get good at saying good-byes to dear friends and family. 

No comments: